I’m shocked at how good this turned out. I’ve never had success at making Vegan burgers which I started off and on about 10 years ago. They’d always fall apart, stick, the texture was never good, they never tasted very good etc.
This recipe solves ALL of those challenges so I am stoked to share this recipe with you!
Here is a link to the Recipe Source. Credit where credit is due – https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-beet-burgers/
Below is is list of ingredients and in parenthesis is how I modified to my taste. Follow along with your individual taste palate <3
– 2 cups grated raw un-peeled beets which equates to about 2 medium beets
– 3/4 cups large flake rolled oats
– 1/2 cooked drained lentils (I used canned)
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flower (I used bobs red mills organic)
– 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped (I pulsed in my vitamix blender)
– 2 cloves garlic, finely minced (I used 3 cloves and a garlic press)
– 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
– 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves (I used 3 tsp)
– 1/2 teaspoon salt (I used 1 tsp of ginger powder)
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (I used 1 tsp)
Grate or pulse in a vitamix two medium beets for two cups worth of RAW grated beets. I didn’t peel the beets as described in the original recipe and they turned out perfect with even more nutrition. Add all other ingredients to mixture and continue to pulse in a high powered blender paying attention to the texture to mimic ground beef. Wet hands and form patties. Fry or Bake! I fried mine in coconut oil, low heat, 5 minutes per side. I turned the heat to medium for just one minute at the end to give it even more of a real burger look. I used sprouted bread instead of regular starchy white buns. Top how ever you’d like. My first one I just topped with a smear of natural peanut butter and it was delicious!
Enjoy and share please =)
P.s. If you’d like to work with me I don’t charge any fees I’m not going to sell you something you don’t want or need: http://workwithtom.fireyourboss.xyz
Have you enjoyed this? Was it helpful in breaking some circular thought patterns you might have been stuck in? Do you know anyone who could benefit from this? Sharing is caring. Share with friends and family.